Jacksonville FL is so family-friendly! Here are the top tourist attractions in Jacksonville Florida we visited on our recent trip there. Enjoy this family travel vlog! SUBSCRIBE: http://topflightfamily.com/youtube
While it’s actually the largest city in the state, Jacksonville has a small town feel; everyone seems to know each other by name! Overall, the city provides a great mix of urban energy, laid-back beach vibes, and a welcoming sense of southern hospitality.
Request a free copy of our Jacksonville Travel Guide here:
Jacksonville is often thought of as a layover city: just the location of an airport you might use on your way to another destination. Anymore, however, that’s simply not the case. It’s becoming a popular business hub, with many large financial services companies, like Deutsche Bank, now calling the city home. In fact, when I told my friend at a large investment bank that I’d soon be vacationing in Jacksonville, she told me that many of her New York colleagues have been receiving offers to relocate there. Lucky for visitors and residents alike, this new influx of professional talent brings fabulous new restaurants and attractions. And of those attractions, there’s no shortage of things to do with kids in Jacksonville, FL.
During my family’s recent long weekend trip to Jacksonville, we were really impressed with the spirit of partnership and community we saw throughout the city. From small businesses partnering to cross-promote their brands, to stores leveraging their customer base to help fundraise for the city’s less fortunate, the spirit of camaraderie was evident.
Watch this video to find out more about:
– Why Jacksonville FL is a great destination for families
– How family-friendly and kid-friendly Jacksonville Florida is
– The top tourist attractions in Jacksonville for families
– Why a visit to the Jacksonville beach is a must-do
– Our favorite things to do in Jacksonville metropolitan area
– A family travel guide to Jacksonville Beach
– The best attractions Jacksonville has to offer
– The most beautiful places in Jacksonville to visit with your kids
Here are all the things we did!
– We had lunch at Candy Apple Café
– We took a candy making class at Sweet Pete’s
– We took a walk on Southbank Riverwalk
– We caught a Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp baseball game
– We had breakfast at Maple Street Biscuit Company in San Marco
– We took surfing lessons from Jax Surf and Paddle
– We soaked up rays on Neptune Beach
– We had lunch at North Beach Fish Camp
– We ate donuts at The Mini Bar
– We had dinner at The Bearded Pig
– We grabbed a beer at Intuition Aleworks
– We had breakfast at the famous Metro Diner
– We spent the morning at Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
– We headed to the Palm Plaza Café (inside the zoo) for lunch
– We stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront
There were a few things we didn’t get to, but that I’d recommend too:
– MOSH: Museum of Science and History
– Burrito Gallery in Brooklyn
– Adventure Landing Shipwreck Waterpark
– Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
– Florida Theater
– Sunset cruise with St. Johns River Taxi
– Engine 15 Brewing Company Tap Room & Biergarten
There’s no shortage of things to do with kids in Jacksonville, FL. From amazing dining establishments that have even caught the national media’s attention, to minor league baseball fun that rivals the major leagues, to thoughtful animal conservation there are so many great Jacksonville attractions. The amount of revitalization and community partnership happening downtown is really impressive. The big city with a small town feel has turned itself into a great destination for vacationing families. Whether you want live music, outdoor excursions, or just downtime at the beach, you’ll be surprised by the variety of fun things to do in Jacksonville, FL.
For more great content like this Jacksonville FL family travel vlog, follow us on social media:
Love watching stuff like this Jacksonville FL family travel vlog? Another cool video is this one: